Re: Misleading Debian's installer choice

Mark wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 2:18 PM, Merciadri Luca
> <Luca.Merciadri@student.ulg.ac.be
> <mailto:Luca.Merciadri@student.ulg.ac.be>> wrote:
>
>     Mark wrote:
>
>     > Yes, but you said this wasn't for beginners in your original post so
>     > if a non-beginner can't get the Bootable Flag set up on the right
>     > partition to boot, they are not a non-beginner...so this point
>     > probably doesn't apply.
>     >
>     Okay. But why allowing something that has no interest to be done,
>     to be
>     done, be it by a beginner or not?
>

> Good point.  Maybe the code didn't fit into the Debian Installer to
> determine which partitions to allow the user to make bootable?  Your
> guess is as good as mine.
Same applies for the fact of checking at least two times `/stuff/', for
different (at least two) partitions. If the effect of using such a
scheme is documented, this might be interesting to understand what it
does. But it does not look documented, and I don't understand i) what
could happen if I used such a scheme; ii) its reason to be there.

Thanks.

--
Merciadri Luca
client, please contact me.

You can fool all of the people some of the time, some of the people all
of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time.
(Abraham Lincoln)