Re: Misleading Debian's installer choice

On Tuesday 29 June 2010 15:48:59 Merciadri Luca wrote:
> I'm not sure to understand fully your answer. I know that `guided
> partitioning' is what's adviced for a new user, because it's easy to
> configurate, but I'm here speaking about users who're not beginners,
> but who want to understand the distinction the Debian installer makes
> between the `/' as it is normally in Linux filesystems, and the `/' in
> the installation process, which is actually everything except what was
> asked to be put on other partitions.

Huh?  There isn't a difference.  Or, at least you are going to have to be a
bit more explicit about what you want told to not-new users.

The partition containing your file system mounted at '/' does not contain the
data stored in the file system mount at '/home'.  (Assuming you have a
separate file system mounted at '/home'.)