Re: Compiling kernel took a lot of disk space.

On 27/06/10 10:51 PM, Magicloud Magiclouds wrote:
> Thank you guys.
> I have not follow Stephen's guide, but I figured the reason out. It
> seems like an ext3's fault. The space (i-node wise) was used 5.x GB,
> but the actual space (data wise) was used only 1 GB. So a lot of space
> was just empty and wasted.

I experience the same thing some weeks ago (had to use a different
machine with a larger hard disk to get the job done). It is interesting
to note that you think that ext3 is at fault here. How did you find that
out? I would like to know whether it is a problem with ext3 at this time
in Unstable.

ever having been read.