Re: Amarok and MTP devices

On Monday 28 June 2010, Cassiano Leal wrote:
> On 28 June 2010 10:41, Michael Schuerig <michael@schuerig.de> wrote:
> > On Monday 28 June 2010, you wrote:
> >> Ah! Try running Amarok first, then connecting your player. This is
> >> the way that I trigger MTP support. If I plug the player before
> >> running Amarok, then it is recognized as USB mass storage.
> >
> > Cassiano,
> >
> > are you using Amarok 2.3? I can't see where and how it supports
> > mobile players at all. Amarok 1.4 had this feature, but as far as
> > I can tell, it just isn't there anymore.
> >
> > Michael
>
> Michael,
>
> I'm taking the discussion back to the list as it might be of use to
> someone else.
>
> I am running Amarok 2.3.1 under KDE 4.4.3. After I plug the player
> in, it appears alongside "Local Collection", under "Local Music" in
> the Media Sources tab.
>
> I have pasted a screenshot here:
> http://imagebin.ca/view/hGkwpHf6.html

Indeed, now I'm seeing it, too. I had enabled "Merged View" (rightmost
button in the toolbar for "Local Music") and in that view mode there is
no indication at all that an external device has been detected and
mounted.

Thanks for being persistent enough to convince me.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig
mailto:michael@schuerig.de