Re: Hundreds of sshd processes spawned by Postgresql

On 06/25/2010 01:47 PM, Marc Shapiro wrote:

From: Hanspeter Spalinger<debian@spahan.ch>
[snip]

On the other side this all could  be just a camouflage (?) but that
wouldnt make lot sense as postgresql doing  sshd is not realy a good
camouflage...

For now, the system is powered down and the FIOS router is disconnected.  Whoever got to my box had to get past the router's firewall, so I am hoping that it gets a new IP address when I do plug it back in.  I'm trying to figure how a cracker got past the firewall.  I know that firewalls are not perfect, but it keeps most ports closed, by default, and I do not think that I opened any up.

You might also want to go to a postgresql mailing list, since there *might* be a more innocuous explanation.

--
Seek truth from facts.