Re: Using gparted GUI to make GPT partition tables

On 6/25/2010 3:29 PM, Celejar wrote:
I'm not sure what exactly we mean here by "special alignment", but if
all that's required is partitions that start at the beginning of the
disk, end at the end, and each begin where the previous one leaves off,
then the GUI is fine, and no math is required, IIRC.

Celejar

There's many blogs talking about SSD's needing to have their partitions start on an erase block sized of some multiple. I followed a couple of supposed recommendations using gparted from the command line only to get warned that the resulting partition was not properly aligned for best performance. I'm more or less drowning in what might be misinformation at this point.

Who here has set up a Vertex 2, how'd you do it, and is it working well for you?