Re: Understanding my recurrent network connectivity problems

On Fri, 25 Jun 2010 16:47:43 +0200, Merciadri Luca wrote:

> Camaleón wrote:

>>> Okay. But then, how would you explain the modem LEDs to be constantly
>>> lighted when nothing works?
>>>

>> It can be receiving traffic from the ISP itself (assigning
>> IP/DNS/gateway data to the device, validating a PPPoE login session,
>> etc...).
>>
> Sure, but then, why does it suddenly stop when the Internet connection
> re-works?

Dunno :-)

It's a modem, so I guess you cannot gather any useful information from it
(I mean no "logs" you can review to get the device WAN activity).

Can you tell us the brand and model name of the modem? Maybe allows some
basic monitoring...

Greetings,

--
Camaleón