Re: X login screen with onscreen keyboard

On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 21:05:24 -0700, jeremy jozwik wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 9:00 AM, Camaleón wrote:

(...)

>> 1/ At login screen, click the mouse button and wait for Florence to
>> appears
>
> nothing happens then.
>
>> 2/ Then, after you login, run "florence" to get the keyboard
>
> as said above, florence runs fine withing a user session. but at the
> login window it will not appear with lines added to custom.conf and
> mouse 1-3 activating florence with the instructed options, or without.

Okay then. Let's review all the steps once more :-)

- You've got a "/etc/gdm/custom.conf" file with the following content:

[daemon]
Greeter=/usr/lib/gdmlogin
GtkModulesList=gail:atk-bridge:/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/modules/libkeymouselistener:/usr/lib/gtk-2.0/modules/libdwellmouselistener

- You edited "/etc/gdm/modules/AccessKeyMouseEvents", added the Florence
lines and commented (#) the <Mouse1><Mouse3> for Gok, leaving the rest of
the file intact.

- After that, you relogin, click the mouse buttons and nothing happens
(virtual keyboard doesn't come up).

If so, I'd write a line to the Florence developer to inform him about
this, because you did all the suggested steps and it seems to fail at some
point :-?

Greetings,

--
Camaleón