Re: X login screen with onscreen keyboard

On Thu, 24 Jun 2010 08:29:10 -0700, jeremy jozwik wrote:

> On Thu, Jun 24, 2010 at 8:13 AM, Camaleón wrote:

>> As per the instructions, is not that file the one you have to edit but
>> "/ etc/gdm/custom.conf" :-)
>> If it's not there, just create it and see how it goes.
>
> grrr..   ok, sorry about that. i no longer get the conf file warning
> anymore.

Good :-)

> but nor do i get the keyboard.

Remember that at login screen you have to press any mouse button to
activate the virtual keyboard. If you do not press any key, Florence does
not become active.

> ive noticed in the accesskey file im calling /usr/bin/florence --focus
> --no-gnome --use-config /usr/share/florence/florence.conf

Mmm, I guess this line is used when the program is to be run from GDM. If
you are inside a GNOME sessión, just run "florence" and the program
should launch.

Just check that two things:

1/ At login screen, click the mouse button and wait for Florence to
appears

2/ Then, after you login, run "florence" to get the keyboard

And report :-)

Greetings,

--
Camaleón