changing user password on KDE 4.4 (was: How 'stable' is squeeze?)

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 23:34:38 -0400, John A. Sullivan III wrote:

[...]

> However, I still do not see a way to
> change passwords as an ordinary user.  How does an ordinary user who
> does not use the command line (and thus passwd) and does not have the
> root password change their password in KDE 4.4? Thanks - John

I have a "Change Password..." button in "System Settings -> General ->
Personal - About Me -> Password & User Account". I just tried it and it
seems to work perfectly. I use KDE 4.4.4 on Sid; I never had a reason to
look for this functionality before, therefore I do not know if it was
present already in earlier KDE 4.x versions.

--
Regards,            |
          Florian   |