Re: How 'stable' is squeeze?

On Thu, 2010-06-24 at 00:26 +0200, Amar Cosic wrote:
> Hello list
>

> I was thinking about upgrade to squeeze and just want to check if
> everything is OK there? No 'critical' bugs etc.. ? I know a lot of you
> use squeeze so its probably best place to ask
On my newer hardware, Squeeze is preferable to Lenny.  However, my
personal biggest issue with Squeeze as a KDE user is the forced
migration to KDE4 (not really a Debian issue but a KDE one as there is
no longer upstream support for KDE3).  I have great hopes for KDE 4.4
and like the new paradigm but the shipping KDE 4.3 still lacks basic
functionality.

Tim Pearson has launched the Trinity project
(http://trinity.pearsoncomputing.net - the site might be down due to
recent very severe weather) to continue development of KDE 3.5 for
Ubuntu and is willing to put together a Debian repository.  That would
be my last major reservation for Squeeze until KDE 4.4 or 4.5 ships -
John