Re: viewing a pdf in Squeeze

Thank you
Steven Demetrius
+855 12 810 350

On 2010-06-24 02:10, Greg Madden wrote:
> On Wednesday 23 June 2010 10:28:01 Camaleón wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 23 Jun 2010 11:20:25 -0700, peasthope wrote:
>>
>>> Given a Squeeze system with libpoppler5, poppler-utils, iceweasel and
>>> mozplugger, what else is needed to have Iceweasel open a pdf document?
>>> Am I missing a package or just a configuration setting for Iceweasel?
>>>
>> I think you still need a PDF reader.
>>
>> But... how do you actually open a PDF with that tools?
>>
>> Greetings,
>>
>> --
>> Camaleón
>>
>  Yes, you still need a reader. Mozplugger needs a pdf reader to launch inside
> of the browser.

Use aptitude or synaptic to install the following package:

 okular -  PDF reader

Restart Iceweasel. When you click on a PDF file in Iceweasel you will be
given the option to either save the file or open it using okular.

There are other PDF readers. This is just one of them. There is also
mozilla-acroread but it is "non-free".

Steven.