Re: Between a Rock and a Hard Place (Installing Squeeze)

On Mon, Jun 21, 2010 at 9:10 PM, Alan Chandler
<alan@chandlerfamily.org.uk> wrote:
> I have spent the last couple of days (intermittently) failing get a usb
> bootable installation for squeeze that will work with my hardware and AMD-64
> (I have inadvertently built an i386 system [twice] - because I have an old
> squeeze installation on an SD card that I failed to add the architecture
> label to).
>
> I have a server which has no cd.  Only real possibility is to boot from a
> usb memory stick.  Fortunately with the fact that I have an SDHC card to USB
> adaptor I have plenty of them large enough.

if you already have grub, no external boot media is needed for debian
installation. fetch the netinst vmlinuz and initrd files, boot with
them and install from the internet.

happy to know that you've found a workaround.

Tao
--
http://huangtao.me/
http://www.google.com/profiles/UniIsland