Re: Torrents killing my connection

Dne, 21. 06. 2010 04:10:28 je H.S. napisal(a):

I think he is over-simplifying the problem of flaky wireless, but I
understand where he is coming from. I have discovered that a buggy
driver, or buggy firmware on the wireless card, or both, can cause
wireless connectivity problems over time. It doesn't need to be torrents
of course, any network traffic will give similar results.

+1

A workaround is to
restart the networking.

In my experience, this is not *always* true. On some platforms, ifdown followed by ifup helps. On some platforms, restarting network-manager helps. On some platforms, unloading the wireless kernel module and re-inserting it helps. On some platforms, such as my HP 6715b laptop w/ the proprietary Broadcom wl driver, sometimes putting the laptop to sleep and then waking it up again helps (short of rebooting, of course).

--
Regards,

Klistvud
Certifiable Loonix User #481801