Re: This is why gmail sucks (was Re: Torrents killing my connection)

On 06/20/2010 05:58 AM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
Ron Johnson put forth on 6/20/2010 4:44 AM:
On 06/20/2010 04:04 AM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
Ron Johnson put forth on 6/20/2010 1:52 AM:

Gee, I've got a lot of Linksys kit... It didn't used to be like that.)

Too much shopping at WorstBuy et al and not enough at Newegg, Fryes,
etc maybe?

On the contrary, I do almost all my shopping at NewEgg.

Ditto.  I pick up all computer/networking related stuff from Newegg, some
other electronics as well.  Newegg simply rocks IMHO.  The one thing I
couldn't bring myself to buy from Newegg was my LCD TV.  I bought the same
unit I was looking at on Newegg locally, for many reasons, not the least of
which was immediate warranty swap if it failed.

Heh, that's what we did. Also because it was our first HD LCD and were concerned that the quality might just be *bad* on our -- at the time -- SD quality cable service.

We also just locally bought (technically: on the web, for local pickup and possible return) a flash-memory camcorder. Actually, we bought *two*, returned them both and are buying a 3rd.

                                                 The other was having to take
off work to accept delivery.  Newegg doesn't ship their large TVs via UPS or
FedEx, but via no-name courier/freight companies who only deliver during
business hours, i.e. 8-5.  This is how it was at that time anyway, which was
2006'ish.

Double-heh: I telecommute.

--
Seek truth from facts.