Re: How to tune display position on external VGA display

On 19/06/10 14:31, Matteo Riva wrote:
I'm using a laptop which I connect to a plasma TV through a VGA
connection.  I can get the display on the plasma to work at the correct
resolution (1360x768) but the image is shifted on the left so that part
of it is hidden and I have a black bar on the right.

My card is a Radeon Mobility 3430. With the ATI proprietary drivers
(which I cannot use now due to display corruption with the latest
version) I can tweak settings with ATI control panel, but now I'm using
the radeon driver and I don't know what I can use to move the display. I
tried xvidtune but all I get is

     Unable to query monitor info

Thanks

Try this website http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Working_with_Modelines#Getting_rid_of_overscan_and_centering_the_image it was a lot of help recently in creating a custom modeline for my Panasonic Plasma.