Re: [OT] First computer

John Hasler wrote:
I had a homebrew system built around a Zilog Z80-MCB in the late
seventies.  Tape storage (I never did get the head-per-track 1MB drives
from Newman Computer working right), a surplus OCLC terminal, and a
Selectric printer with homebrew electronics.  The first computer I
programmed was an IBM 1620 in the mid sixties, though.  An odd machine.
Ahh the Z80 - I remember that chip fondly - a buddy and I built a family of machine control boxes around it (for photo processors), back in the late 1970s.

It continually amazes me that the devices are still in production and widespread use. It could well be the most popular chip ever made for embedded applications.

Miles Fidelman