Re: How do I back up a running system?

On Jun 18, 2010, at 8:43 AM, Robert S wrote:

I have debian running on a "headless" system. I'd like to back the entire
system up.  Its difficult with a bootable disk without a monitor (so
Clonezilla etc are out). I've tried mondoarchive but it usually bails out
before it completes the backup.

Are there any suggestions?  A simple script would be nice.

Not open source but free, I use the vmware converter to clone live Linux boxes to ESXi.
I've had no problems with both Debian and Slackware. - Niles