make not compiling

Dear All,

This is my first week with Debian 504. I am using it as a host system to build LFS(Linux From Scratch).
I ran a script which checks whether all prerequisites are there on the host system(Debian 504).
It gave a lots of not present(eg. gcc, Binutils, Bison, gawk, make)
I installed gcc, Binutils, Bison, gawk using Synaptic.
For make i had source code, so i tried building it.
The configure script is showing some warnings, but no errors.
I am pasting only the lines showing errors.

checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... no
checking for suffix of executables...
checking for style of include used by make... none
checking for AIX... no
checking for library containing strerror... none required
checking minix/config.h usability... no
checking minix/config.h presence... no
checking for minix/config.h... no
checking for msgfmt... no
checking for gmsgfmt... :
checking for xgettext... no
checking for msgmerge... no
checking vfork.h usability... no
checking vfork.h presence... no
checking for vfork.h... no
checking for fork... yes
checking for vfork... yes
checking for working fork... yes
checking for working vfork... (cached) yes
checking for pstat_getdynamic... no
checking for kstat_open in -lkstat... no
checking whether __sys_siglist is declared... no
checking for union wait... no
configure: creating ./config.status
config.status: creating Makefile
config.status: creating glob/Makefile
config.status: creating po/Makefile.in
config.status: creating config/Makefile
config.status: creating doc/Makefile
config.status: creating w32/Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
config.status: config.h is unchanged
config.status: executing default-1 commands
config.status: creating po/POTFILES
config.status: creating po/Makefile
config.status: creating build.sh
avatar@avatar:~/make-3.81$ make