Re: [OT] First computer (was Re: LVM)

On 06/18/2010 09:11 AM, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
Eric Gerlach put forth on 6/17/2010 1:46 PM:
On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 12:15:37PM -0400, Vince Vielhaber wrote:
There was also a TI something back then.

TI-99/4A represent!  (I will also accept props from TI-99/4 users...
begrudgingly)

I had a /4A but didn't bother mentioning it as I never coded on it.  I just
played Alpiner and a couple of other nonsense games. ;)

I didn't start coding until we got a TRS-80 model 4 at the elementary school

In HS, we actually had a *network* of Model 1 Level 2 machines plus a handful of shared floppy drives and (IIRC) printer. I didn't realize how snazzy it was until years later...

(grammar school, etc, grades 1-6).  I coded on model IIIs at the local college
before I got my Kaypro in 10th grade.  I never messed with the TRS-80 "Color
Computer" even though the school got a couple in the late 80s.  I guess I
considered them a downgrade from a PC. ;)

With OS-9, they'd have been an upgrade, but there's little chance your school was that clueful.

--
Seek truth from facts.