Re: [OT] First computer (was Re: LVM)

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010, Lisi wrote:

On Thursday 17 June 2010 15:03:52 Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
What was that thing that was only a keyboard that had the cpu and memory
built into it? You connected a tape player for the I/O and a TV for the
display. I used it to play chess on and to do astrology programs. It
took hours to get that thing to read in a tape without errors. It was
around 1977 I think.

An early Atari?  My son had one in 79/80.

Vic-20, Commodore 64, Radio Shack Color Computer, there was also a
TI something back then.  Then there was also the Radio Shack Model I
but it didn't hook up to a tv.  It had a cheapo monochrome monitor.
Showing my age, I worked at an RS Repair Center back then.

Vince.
--
  Michigan VHF Corp.   http://www.nobucks.net/   http://www.CDupe.com/