Re: Did any recent testing update break ATI fglrx drivers?

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 6:49 PM, Sven Joachim <svenjoac@gmx.de> wrote:

> In the subject line you talk about ATI fglrx.  So what graphics card do
> you have?

I'm sorry, my card is a Mobility Radeon 3430.

> There is a new kernel in squeeze that includes shiny KMS framebuffer
> drivers for both Radeon and Nvidia cards.  These are incompatible with
> the proprietary blobs from ATI and Nvidia.

Can you point me to more information on this topic?  I'm looking for an
alternative to the FOSS radeonhd driver which works but uses too much
CPU (and my laptop suffers from overheating) and has limited
configuration options for external displays.

Thanks