Re: Video problems with VLC

On 17/06/10 13:52, Angus Hedger wrote:
On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 1:36 PM, Matteo Riva<muradin@gmail.com>  wrote:
I have a problem playing AVI divx files with VLC.  Yesterday upon start
VLC showed an error message complaining about divx codecs and refused to
proceed.  Today the player starts but the video is squished horizontally
(it occupies roughly 1/4th of the VLC window which is for the other part
black).
<snip>
How can I fix VLC's problem?

Thanks.
Hey,

Do you use the debian multimedia repo?

Because I had the same problem with VLC myself yesterday, the only
thing I could do to fix it was to disable the dm repo, purge vlc, and
reinstall from just debian main.

Regards,

Angus.

Angus

Thanks for the idea. I followed your suggestions and purged the DM version of VLC, commented out the DM repo in sources.list and reinstalled from the main Debian repo.

Now VLC is back to its reliable working ways again.

Cheers

AG