Re: Rebuilding RAID 1 Array in Linux with a new hard disk after a disk fault - Howto with screen shots

On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 4:17 PM, Michal <michal@ionic.co.uk> wrote:
> This is a better way then disconnecting the drive and checking which
> drive was disconnected like I did, but I would still put a very easy to
> read label on the drive to say /dev/sdX. It would be far easier then
> checking a long serial number, especially if it's hard to read and you'd
> need to take each HDD out to check :)

I think the allocating of /dev/sdX depends on the order you plug the
drives into the machine.
so it changes over reconfiguring of the hardwares, which makes your
labels useless.

can someone confirm this?

Tao