Re: Triple boot with MS XP

--- On Wed, 6/16/10, Huang, Tao <debian@huangtao.me> wrote:

<<< why do you need to access the /home partition when using winxp? ntfs doesn't support POXIS file ownership and permissions natively. so keep you /home partition to a linux filesystem. you can have a separate storage partition for shared documents and files, mount it to the /home hierarchy or somewhere else, and access it with each of your installed os. >>>

Thanks for you advice, I'm going to explore these options. The main reason I'd like access for XP is iTunes for my iPhone. Seems silly to have 16GB of information repeated for XP & Linux /home.

> btw, what's keeping you from moving your winxp into virtualization?

Video games mostly. But I don't play that often. I've got a computer I'm about to put together as Linux only, so I'm sure I'll start virtualization with it.