Re: Triple boot with MS XP

On Wed, Jun 16, 2010 at 2:34 PM, ABSDoug <absdoug@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Cheesy that I wouldn't just write straight to the partition with /home files, from XP. The way I have it setup now, info is stored on a ntfs named "storage", any OS can read/write. That said, I don't really use XP that much anyway.

why do you need to access the /home partition when using winxp?
ntfs doesn't support POXIS file ownership and permissions natively. so
keep you /home partition to a linux filesystem.
you can have a separate storage partition for shared documents and
files, mount it to the /home hierarchy or somewhere else, and access
it with each of your installed os.

btw, what's keeping you from moving your winxp into virtualization?

Regards,
Tao