Re: VLC no longer plays *.wmv video format

On 06/16/2010 02:21 PM, AG wrote:
Up until a few days ago, VLC used to play *.wmv format video files just

What version of vlc and what branch of Debian?

fine. Now, for some unknown (to me) reason, it no longer does so.

I have tried other video players (e.g. xine) and they work fine, so I
believe that it isn't the lack of a codec, even though that is the error
message VLC gives me when I attempt to play *.wmv files.

Has anyone else come across this and/ or have an idea what this is about
and - more crucially - how to fix this?

vlc 1.0.6-1 plays all my wmv files.

--
Seek truth from facts.