Re: VLC no longer plays *.wmv video format

On Wed, 2010-06-16 at 20:21 +0100, AG wrote:
> Up until a few days ago, VLC used to play *.wmv format video files just
> fine.  Now, for some unknown (to me) reason, it no longer does so.

I had the same a couple of days ago (I'm running Squeeze). After
'downgrading' all the packages I had from debian-multimedia to the
versions in the official Debian distro I found everything worked again;
so I assume there is some compatability glitch between the archives.
(I've had this before, and have now decided to stick with the official
packages.)

--
Tixy               ()  The ASCII Ribbon Campaign (www.asciiribbon.org)
                   /\  Against HTML e-mail and proprietary attachments