Re: Triple boot with MS XP

On 06/15/2010 11:13 PM, ABSDoug wrote:
If this isn't on topic, sorry ahead of time& perhaps you
> can point me in the right place?

I've been reading up on having a separate partition for your
/home  files. For quite some time, I've been using a ntfs partition
> named "storage" as it makes re-install or fresh install of OS
> much easier.  While it's WAAAAAY neat that two different distros
> of Linux can share the /home partition, I still need MS at times.

As do many of us.

> I figure I can't be the only one, but after looking on the net,
> I couldn't decide the best way.

To do what, exactly?  Access files or triple boot?

                                I could use Linux to pull files
> off of the MS XP ntfs partition easy enough, but it seems cheesy.

What's so cheesy about it?

> All the options to allow XP to see the Linux partition have
> permission issues as well as hidden extensions that can't be hidden.
> Dangerous trumps cheesy. It would seem grabbing what I need in
> XP partition from within Linux is the answer... is there something
> I've overlooked?

Not unless there's something you aren't telling us. Like how your Subject doesn't seem to match the contents of your post.

                 I'm gunna get into virtualization at some point,

--
Seek truth from facts.