Re: xvidtune doesn't work after upgrade

On 13/06/10 21:27, Arthur Barlow wrote:
I'm running Squeeze in a x86 processor, and I noticed after a recent package update that I now get an error when I try to run xvidtune. The error says: "Unable to query monitor info." I'm using an Nvidia GeForce 4 MX 4000 card.

You don't give any information about this, but it sounds like you'll need to reinstall your nVidia driver. If you downloaded it from the site - i.e. non-free - you will probably have to run it using the shell script to reinstall it. I often find when I've done a X-server library update, that that is all that is required to get things working again. If this is your situation too, then don't forget to close down the X-server otherwise it won't work.

HTH

AG