Re: Configuring java plugin for iceweasel on amd64

On 06/12/2010 01:40 AM, Peter Tenenbaum wrote:
I've been trying to get Java to work correctly on iceweasel (I'm using squeeze and amd64). I managed to get the sun-java6-plugin downloaded and installed. Currently, I see /usr/lib/iceweasel/plugins/libjavaplugin.so, which is a link to /etc/alternatives/iceweasel-javaplugin.so . my ~/.mozilla/plugins directory does not contain any Java-related libraries or links. When I check Iceweasel's add-ons GUI, I see Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20, and when I do about:plugins I see Java Plug-in 1.6.0_20. In my preferences, Java is enabled. However: when I navigate to the Java test webpage (http://java.com/en/download/installed.jsp) and push the big red "verify java version" button, it errors out after about 2 minutes.

Is there some other configuration work which needs to be done to make Iceweasel fully Java-functional?

You might be hit by http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=560056

Try the workarounds in that page.

--
If it wasn't so warm out today, it would be cooler.

Eduardo M KALINOWSKI
eduardo@kalinowski.com.br