Re: Adobe Flash 10.1 in 64-bit Lenny

Le 12/06/2010 11:00, Camaleón wrote :
> On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 18:40:35 -0700, Chris Hiestand wrote:
>
>> Because Adobe left us high and dry (and vulnerable) by dropping beta
>> support for 64-bit flash,
>
> Yep, every day it passes Adobe jumps in my list of companies to avoid >:-/
>
>> I cobbled together a solution that seemed
>> simpler to me (at first glance) than the official Debian solution of
>> running chrooted 32-bit browsers with 32-bit flash
>> (http://alioth.debian.org/docman/view.php/30192/21/debian-amd64-
>> howto.html#id292205).
>
> (...)
>
> Well, I think there should another option to get Flash Player working on
> 64 bits systems. One could install "nspluginwrapper" from "contrib" repo
> (this package should trigger the installation of the required 32 bits
> compatibility libraries) and then download the latest flash version
> available from Adobe site (tar.gz) and putting the "libflashplayer.so"
> inside users directories ("/$HOME/.mozilla/plugins/") or in a global
> location, under "/usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/".
>
> Disclaimer: I have personally not tested this in Lenny.
>
> Greetings,

Hi, for systems from Squeeze and above (tested with mainly Squeeze
amd64) debian-multimedia (unstable repo) has a working 32 bit version
with all required ia32 libs ready to install on amd64 systems. I
replaced my (native amd64) "flashplugin-nonfree" currently outdated with
it's "flashplayer-mozilla" (32bit emul), it's just an "aptitude install"
away and working as fine as flash goes.

about:plugins gives : Shockwave Flash 10.1 r53