Re: SOLVED Re: Debian asking for DVD... (FYI)

On Thu, Jun 10, 2010 at 2:35 PM, ABSDoug <absdoug@yahoo.com> wrote:

If you boot up a fresh install of Debian & AFTER you boot up, plug in your Ethernet cable & try to add software, Debian asks for the install disk. --> IF YOU PLUG IN ETHERNET *BEFORE* YOU BOOT UP IT (Package Manager) WILL LOOK ONLINE FOR SOFTWARE <--

Don't mean to shout, but I was clearly not clear! A few people didn't understand what I meant.

All modifiable in under 1 minute via /etc/apt/sources.list, for future reference.