Re: Acer Aspire One wireless issue

--- On Tue, 6/8/10, Hugo Vanwoerkom <hvw59601@care2.com> wrote:

> Now wireless does’nt seem to work out of the box so you
> need to:
<<<snip>>>

Worked great, thank YOU so much! I'm online wireless in Debian typing this. (Now I've got some educational research in what I exactly did & how it worked)

> WIRELESS LED:
>
> To get your awesome wireless led to blink for you based on
> traffic, put these lines in /etc/rc.local, just above the
> string exit 0 (below doesn't work).
>
>#su
>#(your root password)
>now choose your editor of choice, i prefer gedit so I type the following
>#gedit /etc/rc.local

>Now add the following two lines above (exit 0)

>sysctl -w dev.wifi0.ledpin=3 (For it to be a constant light change it to >“-3")
>sysctl -w dev.wifi0.softled=1

Ok, I got you so far, but this next part...

>Now for the wifi kill switch uses these keycodes (also to
>use in rc.local):

Am I putting this (below), verbatim above (exit 0), or is this a file I need to open up in /usr/bin/...?

/usr/bin/setkeycodes e055 159
/usr/bin/setkeycodes e056 158