Re: Re: GRUB2 - automatically generating extra entries

If you want to append additional parameters to the kernel command line,
configure it via GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT or GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX in
/etc/default/grub.

No, I want to generate an extra entry for each kernel for runlevel 3, automatically.

f you want to add further entries to the grub boot menu, that can be
handled by a script in /etc/grub.d/ (see the README in that directory).

It's not worth duplicating and hacking a 130 line bash script just to save some typing at boot time, I think :)

<rant>
Incidentally, that README file doesn't really achieve much. What are the parameters to those scripts? What is the specification for their output? (Presumably something approximating the example file in /usr/share/doc/grub-pc/examples?) This information isn't available in the man pages for grub, update-grub or grub-mkconfig either.
</rant>

Thanks anyway :)

- Jason