Re: [OT] advice on finding programming help

On Tue, Jun 08, 2010 at 12:24:37PM -0500, Boyd Stephen Smith Jr. wrote:
> On Tuesday 08 June 2010 12:00:02 Mark Allums wrote:

> > > What language?
> >
> > Oh, the usual suspects, particularly C/C++.
>
> Generic help for both of these are generally on the associated newsgroups.
>
> comp.lang.c++ or something like that.  I'm pretty sure there are some services
> that do news <-> mail bi-directional gateways; maybe gmane?

just .02 here, I personally find irc to be particularly helpful for
"bouncing ideas" when programming. It seems to have that right mix,
for me at least, of immediate help and variety of ideas without mental
gear-switching of reading API docs.

heh, to put that in English... I find that the interactive component
of irc is more in line with how my brain functions when coding than
the longer lag times of email. But that is, of course, a personal preference.

I don't know what, if any C/C++ irc channels there are, but I'm sure
they're out there.