Re: New user: Did not see any responds

On Mon, Jun 07, 2010 at 01:40:46PM -0700, ABSDoug wrote:
> I don't know what happen, but I reposted my question & someone posted that I
> should look at the 1st E-mail string I started... but I didn't see anything.

Have you already subscribed to the list?
You saw the answer to your second mail because somebody CC-ed
you. Check the archives. I have seen your three posts.

> I'm an Ubuntu user who wants to try out Debian.

That's OK.

> I'm weak on terminal.

That's NOT OK. Most of the solutions/advices you'd be getting here require
some coding (not very much, to start with) skills.
You'll need to know (at a minimum) how to move inside the directory tree, copy
and/or move files, and several other *very basic* things.
My advice, start getting familiar with documentation sources on your own system.
Investigate man pages, info, /usr/share/doc/, etc...

>I'm only getting terminal on Debian now.
> I don't know what to do next. TIA.

Everybody here will be helpful _as long as_ you demonstrate effort on
your side. Otherwise, you most probably will be ignored.
First off, you must learn how to make intelligent questions, that
implies that at least you describe accurately: what are you trying to do, what
happens, etc...

Regards.

--
Huella de clave primaria: 0FDA C36F F110 54F4 D42B  D0EB 617D 396C 448B 31EB