Re: Iceweasel/FF takes too much time to close (because it frees memory)

On Thu, June 3, 2010 11:15, Merciadri Luca wrote:
> Steven wrote:
>> This might be what you are looking for:
>> http://mozillalinks.org/wp/2009/07/vacuum-your-firefox-databases-for-better-performance/
>> Cleaning up firefox/iceweasel's internal databses helps a lot
> It had some non-negligible influence. Thanks!

No problem :)
It's quite easy to do, just install sqlite3 using apt-get/aptitude/synaptic.
Next, execute the sqlite vacuum command on each database (after closing
you browser)
The following command will do this for all sqlite databases you might have
in there (different profiles).

for f in ~/.mozilla/firefox/*/*.sqlite; do sqlite3 $f 'VACUUM;'; done

You might need to change the path for iceweasel, I'm not on my Debian box
right now.
If I remember correctly, this is done automatically once in a while
starting with 3.5 or 3.6.
Yes, I experienced this problem as well, a lot of people did I guess,
perhaps you can put this in a small script and run it as a cronjob or when
you log on.

Kind regards,
Steven