Re: ls has stopped using the ISO date format

On 05/30/2010 06:21 PM, Brian Marshall wrote:
On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 01:51:14AM +0300, Andrei Popescu wrote:
-rwx------ 1 amp amp 891837 2010-05-03 22:55 03052010065.jpg
-rwx------ 1 amp amp 733361 2010-05-03 22:55 03052010066.jpg

Can you tell if these files were created 5th march or 3rd may? How (I'd
really like to know)?

I've never heard of a yyyy-dd-mm format. All the other formats usually
put the year at the end, and if they don't, they're probably using
slashes or something else instead of hyphens. That's sufficient to
distinguish the ISO format from the rest, I think.

DD-AAA-YYYY is common in the US Navy. It sucks, though, as a collating format.

--
Dissent is patriotic, remember?