Re: [ squeeze ] Grub2 RAID1 LVM2 boot failure

On Sun, May 30, 2010 at 02:24:41PM -0500, Stan Hoeppner wrote:
> What happens when you use LILO instead of Grub?

I haven't tried that yet.

First thing would be to know if the bootloader is to blame for not
having a bootable system. As of now, it would be some timming issues
related to initramfs-tools' scripts (wild guess).

Then, I'd need to know if LILO supports the configuration described
before, i.e., md0 contains /boot and md1 contains LVs, one of them
being /dev/mapper/root_vg-root_lv.

After that, I'd need to test the proper way to install/uninstall
software from an unbootable machine. I guess d-i allows installing
LILO on top of grub.
The purpose is either reinstalling grub-pc, downgrading to grub-legacy,
or installing LILO.
Other option would be using rescueCD, chroot into my system and install
from there. Suggestions are welcome.

But first I'll need to refresh my LILO skills. It's been a while :)

--
Huella de clave primaria: 0FDA C36F F110 54F4 D42B  D0EB 617D 396C 448B 31EB