Re: ls has stopped using the ISO date format

On 05/30/2010 11:23 AM, Stephan Seitz wrote:
On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 10:58:59PM -0700, Brian Marshall wrote:
Any idea why the default was changed? I guess it didn't really make

The new default was the default years ago. Then it was changed to the
ISO format output. Since then I hated it. The ISO format is wasting to
much space and is more difficult to read.
I was told, that the ISO format was chosen to make it simplier to pipe
the output to another program. Well, this is certainly true, but in most
cases I don’t use a pipe.
Luckily, --time-style=locale changed the format back to the good old ways.

It seems, upstream is now thinking again, that the localized output is
the better one.

Thus is the beauty of choice and FLOSS, since I *want* ISO format and frequently use it's regularized date format in filters.

--
Dissent is patriotic, remember?