Re: ls has stopped using the ISO date format

On Sat, May 29, 2010 at 10:58:59PM -0700, Brian Marshall wrote:
Any idea why the default was changed? I guess it didn't really make

The new default was the default years ago. Then it was changed to the ISO format output. Since then I hated it. The ISO format is wasting to much space and is more difficult to read. I was told, that the ISO format was chosen to make it simplier to pipe the output to another program. Well, this is certainly true, but in most cases I don’t use a pipe. Luckily, --time-style=locale changed the format back to the good old ways.

It seems, upstream is now thinking again, that the localized output is the better one.

Shade and sweet water!

	Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz             E-Mail: stse@fsing.rootsland.net |