ISO date format (was: ls has stopped using the ISO date format)

On Sun, 30 May 2010 13:01:25 +0300, Teemu Likonen wrote:

> * 2010-05-30 10:44 (+0100), Nuno Magalhães wrote:
>
>> +1 for ISO as default
>
>> Is there a way to push things into changing back?
>
> Use TIME_STYLE=long-iso or contact the GNU coreutils upstream.

It seems not working for Midnight Commander, but works fine for "ls -
l" :-?

I wish we had a general "switch" to set this as wide setting.

I mean, I'd like all applications (command line utilities and GUI ones),
by default use the ISO standarized format but nowadays some do (i.e.,
Nautilus) and some don't (Icedove or Pan newsreader, for example).

Greetings,

--
Camaleón