From: Erik Heil <eheil1@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 29 May 2010 16:15:20 -0400
Subject: Re: Acroread: accelerating the search through a PDF
To: Luca.Merciadri@student.ulg.ac.be

Hi.
What you may have to look at is the possibility of a document
management system. For your needs, you won't need anything upscale,
just something that can process the PDF documents, index the text, and
open it within Acroread, or optionally another reader. Since indexing
generates compressed versions of the document, you should be able to
get reasonable search times. Perhaps have a chron job nightly to index
new documents--don't know how often you add new documents. Just ideas
for you tto play with. i'm sure Debian has something like this to
offer. Maybe not? Perhaps more people here would have more knowledge
of this.
--Erik