Re: Ugrade from Lenny to Squeeze on old PC Box

Stephen Powell put forth on 5/28/2010 8:18 AM:

> I've had so many problems with migrations that I don't do them
> anymore.

My experience thus far is the exact opposite Stephen.  I have one server that
I've in-place upgraded from Woody through Lenny, including hardware upgrades
along the way (NIC, HD, IDE to SATA, piix to libata, same mobo though).
That's 4 successive live distribution upgrades of a single host spanning 8
years.  I'm sure servers can be easier due to usually having far fewer
packages installed.  (knocks on wood)

Now, the distro upgrade to Squeeze once it becomes Stable may be a different
experience for me entirely, especially if it destroys LILO, installs Grub2,
and hoses my system in the process.

--
Stan