IPv4-capable XDMCP server in Debian squeeze?

Hi there!

Isn't there any XDMCP-capable server available in squeeze that can
speak ipv4 any more?

I read about the "net.ipv6.bindv6only" issue (in a bug report).
However, that setting is most assuredly set to 0 when I check with
sysctl -a.
I also forcibly disabled IPv6 support altogether (since I don't need
it), also by using a sysctl interface, but it still doesn't help me.

Both when trying with xdm and gdm, they *only* bind to the udp6
socket. Quite broken if you ask me, _especially when ipv6 support is
disabled in the kernel_!

I haven't tried with KDM so far (and I'd rather not, since I have no
interest in running KDE).

Any hints? The reason I want IPv4 XDMCP is that I will connect to the
server from a Windows XP machine, using Xming. I wasn't aware that
this has suddenly become an awful lot of work, since the introduction
of the wonderful new toy called IPv6... :-)

(Please, Cc any replies to my email address since I don't subscribe to
the mailing list. Thanks)
--
Best regards,
Per Lundberg