Re: lilo removal in squeeze (or, "please test grub2")

> If, we consider that the environment has changed; we have Red Hut,
> Ubuntu and Suse; pushing to include every thing into the kernel, what
> is the best for them, then we have a huge kernel; which is not the
> best for older ordenators, but it is the best for newer boxes.  As we
> can see, Linus is been pushed to built a huger kernel.

Actually, the Linux kernel has seen a lot of work done to make it
adaptable to small systems (think home-routers, embedded systems, cell
phones, ...).
It's just the desktop-distros that use big kitchen-sink kernels, because
that suits them better.

        Stefan