Re: (OT) suggestion on terse wording of "IT Helpdesk"

Zhang Weiwu put forth on 5/26/2010 9:32 PM:

> For example, Stan Hoeppner thought the email address is designed to be readable, duplicating the use of DisplayName.

This is the exact opposite of what I stated.  How can you make the above
statement, given my original post?

Stan Hoeppner put forth on 5/25/2010 12:43 AM:

> This is exactly why display names were invented...
>
> address:       abs@example.com
> display name:  Alphabet Soup
>
> or
>
> address:       zw@realss.com
> display name:  Zhang Weiwu, Support Engineer
>
> and something called a signature, which is where you should put all that other
> crap:
>
> Office IT services of ICD SS
>
> To try to jam all of that information into the smtp address itself is silly.
> Again, this is what display names and sigs are for.

My examples have nothing to do with human readability, but application of the
K.I.S.S. principle.  Note the addresses do not match the display names?  How
then do my display names duplicate the smtp addresses?

--
Stan