Re: Trying to install Google Earth on Lenny. How on earth??????

On Mon, 24 May 2010 10:47:35 -0400 (EDT), Lisi wrote:

> I have been trying to install Google Earth on Lenny ...

Lisi,

This is not really an answer to your question, but rather
an alternative, especially since you are short of time.
Both Yahoo and Mapquest have aerial photos available, down
to fairly decent resolution in most areas.  I can clearly
pick out my house on a 60'x120' lot using it.  It may be
adequate for your purposes.  And in public places, such
as the capitol building, I can pick out individual people,
though I obviously can't tell who they are.  Try, for example,

   http://www.mapquest.com/

To see actual photographs, click on "Aerial map" in the
upper right hand corner.  By default, it shows street names
too, but you can turn that off by clicking off the check
box for "show labels".  The zoom control is in the upper
left-hand corner of the picture.

HTH

--
  .''`.     Stephen Powell