Re: Tiny terminal text after kernel update

On 2010-05-24 16:09 +0200, Anthony Campbell wrote:

> On 24 May 2010, Sven Joachim wrote:
>> On 2010-05-24 01:28 +0200, Todd A. Jacobs wrote:
>>
>> > After a recent kernel update, my linux terminal is now displaying
>> > teeny-tiny text. How do I set the default terminal back to 80x25?
>>
>> Which graphics card do you use?
>>
>> Sven
>>

> VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation NV44A [GeForce 6200] (rev a1)

In this case, it is the nouveau.ko module which takes over the
graphics¹.  Note that this module is necessary if you want to use the
nouveau X driver².

You can blacklist the module or use nouveau.modeset=0 kernel parameter,
leaving you with the nv (or nvidia) driver for X.  Another possibility
is to use a bigger font.  Install the console-setup and kbd packages and
use "dpkg-reconfigure console-setup" to choose your preferred font.

Sven

¹ http://nouveau.freedesktop.org/wiki/KernelModeSetting
² http://packages.debian.org/sid/xserver-xorg-video-nouveau